More From E. O. Wilson
- "A very Faustian choice is upon us: whether to accept our corrosive and risky behavior as the unavoidable price of population and economic growth, or to take stock of ourselves and search for a new environmental ethic."
- "Science and religion are the two most powerful forces in the world. Having them at odds… is not productive."
- "Religious beliefs evolved by group-selection, tribe competing against tribe, and the illogic of religions is not a weakness but their essential strength."
More In Best
- "I am fussy, about my diet and straining my voice. I know, sounds a bit over the top. But I’m not as bad as I used to be. These days I don’t drink alcohol for five days before a show – very dehydrating for the vocal cords, and all that acid reflux. I used to ban it for a fortnight. Nightmare."― Katherine Jenkins
- "I do my best to hold the director’s opinion above my own."― Jeff Bridges
- "In the area we’re discussing, leadership begins on Madison Avenue, on the desks and in the offices of people who spend hundreds of millions of dollars buying what will get them ratings."― Norman Lear