More From E. O. Wilson
- "I see no way out of the problems that organized religion and tribalism create other than humans just becoming more honest and fully aware of themselves."
- "You are capable of more than you know. Choose a goal that seems right for you and strive to be the best, however hard the path. Aim high. Behave honorably. Prepare to be alone at times, and to endure failure. Persist! The world needs all you can give."
- "The biological evolutionary perception of life and of human qualities is radically different from that of traditional religion, whether it’s Southern Baptist or Islam or any religion that believes in a supernatural supervalance over humanity."
More In Faith
- "The mind controls so much of the body. We are much more than flesh and blood; we are complex systems. Patients do better when they have faith that they’re going to do better. That’s why I always tell my patients and their families not to neglect their prayers. There’s nobody I don’t say that to."― Benjamin Carson
- "I am prejudiced in favor of him who, without impudence, can ask boldly. He has faith in humanity, and faith in himself. No one who is not accustomed to giving grandly can ask nobly and with boldness."― Johann Kaspar Lavater
- "It’s not in our nature. Americans have never been a people that drive through a nice neighborhood and say, ‘Oh, I hate the people who live in these nice houses.’"― Marco Rubio