More From E. M. Forster
- "Beauty ought to look a little surprised: it is the emotion that best suits her face. The beauty who does not look surprised, who accepts her position as her due – she reminds us too much of a prima donna."
- "Charm, in most men and nearly all women, is a decoration."
- "We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us."
More In Poetry
- "Rap is rhythm and poetry. Hip-hop is storytelling and poetry as well."― Ajay Naidu
- "I used to write sonnets and various things, and moved from there into writing prose, which, incidentally, is a lot more interesting than poetry, including the rhythms of prose."― Shelby Foote
- "Poetry is a special use of language that opens onto the real. The business of the poet is truth telling, which is why in the Celtic tradition no one could be a teacher unless he or she was a poet."― Huston Smith