More From E. B. White
- "Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than in a whole one."
- "Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19."
- "The terror of the atom age is not the violence of the new power but the speed of man’s adjustment to it, the speed of his acceptance."
More In Dad
- "I’m very at ease, and I like it. I never thought I would be such a family-oriented guy; I didn’t think that was part of my makeup. But somebody said that as you get older you become the person you always should have been, and I feel that’s happening to me. I’m rather surprised at who I am, because I’m actually like my dad!"― David Bowie
- "My dad was a diplomat and after living in America, where I was born, he was posted to Cairo."― Arabella Weir
- "I’m an artist, and I go in the studio and make my music. And then I’ll give it to my dad and he does what he does. And he does, you know, the press, and figuring out shows and whatnot. When it comes to my artistic freedom, he doesn’t, like, step on my toes or anything."― Ashlee Simpson