More From E. B. White
- "Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19."
- "Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car."
- "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."
More In Dad
- "You expect far too much of a first sentence. Think of it as analogous to a good country breakfast: what we want is something simple, but nourishing to the imagination."― Larry McMurtry
- "A mustache really defines your face. My dad had a mustache when I was growing up, and I can still remember when he shaved it, he looked like a completely different person."― Jason Sudeikis
- "I want to make him the proudest dad to have me and I want to show everybody and nearly be as good as him because he was the best."― Bindi Irwin