More From E. B. White
- "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
- "Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19."
- "Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car."
More In Men
- "Circumstances rule men; men do not rule circumstances."― Herodotus
- "Men create gods after their own image, not only with regard to their form but with regard to their mode of life."― Aristotle
- "An American monkey, after getting drunk on brandy, would never touch it again, and thus is much wiser than most men."― Charles Darwin