More From E. B. White
- "Writing is hard work and bad for the health."
- "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
- "Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19."
More In Nature
- "Whatever the universal nature assigns to any man at any time is for the good of that man at that time."― Marcus Aurelius
- "The true way to be humble is not to stoop until you are smaller than yourself, but to stand at your real height against some higher nature that will show you what the real smallness of your greatness is."― Phillips Brooks
- "It is human nature to instinctively rebel at obscurity or ordinariness."― Taylor Caldwell