More From E. B. White
- "Democracy is the recurrent suspicion that more than half of the people are right more than half of the time."
- "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
- "Everything in life is somewhere else, and you get there in a car."
More In Nature
- "The violets in the mountains have broken the rocks."― Tennessee Williams
- "The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on Earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but only to have the law of nature for his rule."― Samuel Adams
- "Mutability of temper and inconsistency with ourselves is the greatest weakness of human nature."― Joseph Addison