More From E. B. White
- "Writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar."
- "Whatever else an American believes or disbelieves about himself, he is absolutely sure he has a sense of humor."
- "I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day."
More In Nature
- "I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets."― Hamlin Garland
- "The world is too much with us; late and soon, getting and spending, we lay waste our powers: Little we see in Nature that is ours."― William Wordsworth
- "To conceal anything from those to whom I am attached, is not in my nature. I can never close my lips where I have opened my heart."― Charles Dickens