More From E. B. White
- "Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19."
- "The terror of the atom age is not the violence of the new power but the speed of man’s adjustment to it, the speed of his acceptance."
- "The time not to become a father is eighteen years before a war."
More In Science
- "I like science fiction and physics, things like that. Planets being sucked into black holes, and the various vortexes that create possibility, and what happens on the other side of the black hole. To me it’s the microcosmic study of the macrocosmic universe in man, and that’s why I’m attracted to it."― Wesley Snipes
- "People listen to music the way they want to listen to music."― Tori Amos
- "I don’t remember deciding to become a writer. You decide to become a dentist or a postman. For me, writing is like being gay. You finally admit that this is who you are, you come out and hope that no one runs away."― Mark Haddon