More From E. B. White
- "Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19."
- "The time not to become a father is eighteen years before a war."
- "Whatever else an American believes or disbelieves about himself, he is absolutely sure he has a sense of humor."
More In Science
- "The radical novelty of modern science lies precisely in the rejection of the belief… that the forces which move the stars and atoms are contingent upon the preferences of the human heart."― Walter Lippmann
- "At a time when science plays such a powerful role in the life of society, when the destiny of the whole of mankind may hinge on the results of scientific research, it is incumbent on all scientists to be fully conscious of that role, and conduct themselves accordingly."― Joseph Rotblat
- "I began reading science fiction before I was 12 and started writing science fiction around the same time."― Octavia Butler