More From E. B. White
- "Writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar."
- "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
- "The time not to become a father is eighteen years before a war."
More In Intelligence
- "I won’t insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said."― William F. Buckley, Jr.
- "I rise today to discuss the National Intelligence Reform bill. I commend my colleagues in both Houses for their hard work in coming to an agreement. As with any conference, each voice is heard, but none can dominate and compromise must be achieved."― Ted Stevens
- "For a manager to be perceived as a positive manager, they need a four to one positive to negative contact ratio."― Ken Blanchard