More From E. B. White
- "Writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar."
- "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts."
- "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
More In Intelligence
- "I must have a prodigious quantity of mind; it takes me as much as a week sometimes to make it up."― Mark Twain
- "After all, the best part of a holiday is perhaps not so much to be resting yourself, as to see all the other fellows busy working."― Kenneth Grahame
- "Schools are not intended to moralize a wicked world, but to impart knowledge and develop intelligence, with only two social aims in mind: prepare to take on one’s share in the world’s work, and perhaps in addition, lend a hand in improving society, after schooling is done."― Jacques Barzun