More From E. B. White
- "Writing is an act of faith, not a trick of grammar."
- "Old age is a special problem for me because I’ve never been able to shed the mental image I have of myself – a lad of about 19."
- "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority."
More In Politics
- "People say funny things all the time during really serious moments in life."― Mark Ruffalo
- "About 25 years ago, I started out as a reporter covering politics. And that sort of just evolved into organized crime, because organized crime and politics were the same thing in Boston."― Howie Carr
- "America wants solutions. America wants a leader. No more tabloid politics."― Alveda King