More From Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "The most terrible job in warfare is to be a second lieutenant leading a platoon when you are on the battlefield."
- "You don’t lead by hitting people over the head – that’s assault, not leadership."
- "I have one yardstick by which I test every major problem – and that yardstick is: Is it good for America?"
More In Freedom
- "Freedom from care and anxiety of mind is a blessing, which I apprehend such people enjoy in higher perfection than most others, and is of the utmost consequence."― William Falconer
- "The freedom to fail is vital if you’re going to succeed. Most successful people fail from time to time, and it is a measure of their strength that failure merely propels them into some new attempt at success."― Michael Korda
- "For you who no longer posses it, freedom is everything, for us who do, it is merely an illusion."― Emile M. Cioran