More From Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "When people speak to you about a preventive war, you tell them to go and fight it. After my experience, I have come to hate war."
- "Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage."
- "An intellectual is a man who takes more words than necessary to tell more than he knows."
More In Freedom
- "My parents came from Russia and suddenly they wound up in Boston, Massachusetts, Brookline, Massachusetts and they felt the sun rose and set on Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s backside because he meant so much to them. This was freedom. This was something totally different from the Russia they had left."― Mike Wallace
- "Just living is not enough… one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."― Hans Christian Anderson
- "A free America… means just this: individual freedom for all, rich or poor, or else this system of government we call democracy is only an expedient to enslave man to the machine and make him like it."― Frank Lloyd Wright