More From Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."
- "The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office."
- "I like to believe that people in the long run are going to do more to promote peace than our governments. Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it."
More In Freedom
- "Freedom is never voluntarily given by the oppressor; it must be demanded by the oppressed."― Martin Luther King, Jr.
- "Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty."― Frank Herbert
- "The arc of American history almost inevitably moves toward freedom. Whether it’s Lincoln and the Emancipation Proclamation, the expansion of women’s rights or, now, gay rights, I think there is an almost-inevitable march toward greater civil liberties."― James McGreevey