More From Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "The people of the world genuinely want peace. Some day the leaders of the world are going to have to give in and give, it to them."
- "The best morale exist when you never hear the word mentioned. When you hear a lot of talk about it, it’s usually lousy."
- "There are a number of things wrong with Washington. One of them is that everyone is too far from home."
More In Freedom
- "They know the importance of their mission and of America’s commitment to combating and defeating terrorism abroad, and they know that they are making a real difference in bringing freedom to a part of the world that has known only tyranny."― John Boehner
- "Giving up even an ounce of precious freedom is a very serious thing to do."― Charles Schumer
- "Children should have enough freedom to be themselves – once they’ve learned the rules."― Anna Quindlen