More From Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight – it’s the size of the fight in the dog."
- "Politics ought to be the part-time profession of every citizen who would protect the rights and privileges of free people and who would preserve what is good and fruitful in our national heritage."
- "Though force can protect in emergency, only justice, fairness, consideration and cooperation can finally lead men to the dawn of eternal peace."
More In War
- "Freedom is a man’s natural power of doing what he pleases, so far as he is not prevented by force or law."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "War is very sad and small life is pathetically fragile at times."― Henry Rollins
- "There is a strong tendency in the United States to rally round the flag and their troops, no matter how mistaken the war."― George McGovern