More From Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "You don’t lead by hitting people over the head – that’s assault, not leadership."
- "I think that people want peace so much that one of these days government had better get out of their way and let them have it."
- "In most communities it is illegal to cry “fire” in a crowded assembly. Should it not be considered serious international misconduct to manufacture a general war scare in an effort to achieve local political aims?"
More In History
- "I started drumming around the same time I came across this part of American history. But there seemed to be a way forward playing drums. There didn’t seem to be a way forward being fascinated by a piece of history."― Phil Collins
- "Life moves fast. As much as you can learn from your history, you have to move forward."― Eddie Vedder
- "The claim of the State Socialists, however, that this right would not be exercised in matters pertaining to the individual in the more intimate and private relations of his life is not borne out by the history of governments."― Benjamin Tucker