More From Dwight D. Eisenhower
- "Our forces saved the remnants of the Jewish people of Europe for a new life and a new hope in the reborn land of Israel. Along with all men of good will, I salute the young state and wish it well."
- "A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both."
- "The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office."
More In Peace
- "While conscience is our friend, all is at peace; however once it is offended, farewell to a tranquil mind."― Mary Wortley Montagu
- "I am concerned about how to reverse the process by which a fundamentalist right and a corporate elite were able to seize power in the United States."― Todd Gitlin
- "Today’s date, the eighteenth of May, should sometime become an occasion of great international celebration, for on this day ten years ago the first Peace Conference opened at The Hague."― Fredrik Bajer