More From Douglas MacArthur
- "They died hard, those savage men – like wounded wolves at bay. They were filthy, and they were lousy, and they stunk. And I loved them."
- "The soldier above all others prays for peace, for it is the soldier who must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war."
- "In my dreams I hear again the crash of guns, the rattle of musketry, the strange, mournful mutter of the battlefield."
More In Death
- "There are certain people that are marked for death. I have my little list of those that treated me unfairly."― Jennifer Lopez
- "Here’s a thing about the death of your mother, or anyone else you love: You can’t anticipate how you’ll feel afterward. People will tell you; a few may be close to right, none exactly right."― Mary Schmich
- "I never thought I’d spend all my life with Gary. I suppose I was quite cynical about marriage. But with Jude, I knew right from the beginning: there was an electricity I’d never felt before. It was so easy, we talked for hours. It was a relief, really."― Sadie Frost