More From Douglas MacArthur
- "It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear."
- "In war there is no substitute for victory."
- "One cannot wage war under present conditions without the support of public opinion, which is tremendously molded by the press and other forms of propaganda."
More In Death
- "The elimination of the fear of death transforms the individual’s way of being in the world."― Stanislav Grof
- "It is not death or pain that is to be dreaded, but the fear of pain or death."― Epictetus
- "For those who live neither with religious consolations about death nor with a sense of death (or of anything else) as natural, death is the obscene mystery, the ultimate affront, the thing that cannot be controlled. It can only be denied."― Susan Sontag