More From Douglas MacArthur
- "Could I have but a line a century hence crediting a contribution to the advance of peace, I would yield every honor which has been accorded by war."
- "I suppose, in a way, this has become part of my soul. It is a symbol of my life. Whatever I have done that really matters, I’ve done wearing it. When the time comes, it will be in this that I journey forth. What greater honor could come to an American, and a soldier?"
- "It is part of the general pattern of misguided policy that our country is now geared to an arms economy which was bred in an artificially induced psychosis of war hysteria and nurtured upon an incessant propaganda of fear."
More In Dreams
- "There is no development strategy more beneficial to society as a whole – women and men alike – than the one which involves women as central players."― Kofi Annan
- "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."― J. K. Rowling
- "What was past was past. I suppose that was the general attitude."― V. S. Naipaul