More From Doug Coupland
- "Most people have no idea how to politely answer a phone. The English do, and it’s been their only major business advantage for the past two centuries."
- "Canadians can easily ‘pass for American’ as long as we don’t accidentally use metric measurements or apologize when hit by a car."
- "Handmade presents are scary because they reveal that you have too much free time."
More In Time
- "I’m not interested in trying to work on people’s perceptions. I am who I am, and if you don’t take the time to learn about that, then your perception is going to be your problem."― Jim Brown
- "It may be true that you can’t fool all the people all the time, but you can fool enough of them to rule a large country."― Will Durant
- "The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence."― Robert Peel