More From Dorothy Day
- "I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions."
- "Women think with their whole bodies and they see things as a whole more than men do."
- "I believe that we must reach our brother, never toning down our fundamental oppositions, but meeting him when he asks to be met, with a reason for the faith that is in us, as well as with a loving sympathy for them as brothers."
More In Death
- "It is difficult to accept death in this society because it is unfamiliar. In spite of the fact that it happens all the time, we never see it."― Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
- "The study of consciousness that can extend beyond the body is extremely important for the issue of survival, since it is this part of human personality that would be likely to survive death."― Stanislav Grof
- "Boxing is my real passion. I can go to ballet, theatre, movies, or other sporting events… and nothing is like the fights to me. I’m excited by the visual beauty of it. A boxer can look so spectacular by doing a good job."― LeRoy Neiman