More From Dorothy Day
- "I believe that we must reach our brother, never toning down our fundamental oppositions, but meeting him when he asks to be met, with a reason for the faith that is in us, as well as with a loving sympathy for them as brothers."
- "The legal battle against segregation is won, but the community battle goes on."
- "Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul."
More In Death
- "Because of its tremendous solemnity death is the light in which great passions, both good and bad, become transparent, no longer limited by outward appearences."― Soren Kierkegaard
- "In every death, a busy world comes to an end."― Mason Cooley
- "Take care of your life and the Lord will take care of your death."― George Whitefield