More From Dorothy Day
- "Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul."
- "I believe that we must reach our brother, never toning down our fundamental oppositions, but meeting him when he asks to be met, with a reason for the faith that is in us, as well as with a loving sympathy for them as brothers."
- "It is easier to have faith that God will support each House of Hospitality and Farming Commune and supply our needs in the way of food and money to pay bills, than it is to keep a strong, hearty, living faith in each individual around us – to see Christ in him."
More In Death
- "I think the primary message to the world is that the United States is going to remain the strongest military power in the world."― Leon Panetta
- "Lots of people there seemed to be in denial, in absolute denial, of death – everybody’s pretending that death doesn’t happen in L.A.; if you do enough exercise and take enough wheatgrass and have your pill every day, you might not die."― Emily Mortimer
- "I guess because the shows were activist in their own way – the marriage of my public activism and my career activism, you know – people understand me very well. They also understand there’s a very strong bipartisan part in all of this."― Norman Lear