More From Dorothy Day
- "Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul."
- "I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions."
- "It is easier to have faith that God will support each House of Hospitality and Farming Commune and supply our needs in the way of food and money to pay bills, than it is to keep a strong, hearty, living faith in each individual around us – to see Christ in him."
More In Death
- "Death Valley is really wide-open – it’s bigger than Rhode Island – and it’s less a part of California than an ungoverned territory, so there’s lots of weird cops-and-robbers stuff going on."― Gus Van Sant
- "The denunciation of the young is a necessary part of the hygiene of older people, and greatly assists the circulation of the blood."― Logan P. Smith
- "A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless, to resist."― Stewart Alsop