More From Dorothy Day
- "The legal battle against segregation is won, but the community battle goes on."
- "It is easier to have faith that God will support each House of Hospitality and Farming Commune and supply our needs in the way of food and money to pay bills, than it is to keep a strong, hearty, living faith in each individual around us – to see Christ in him."
- "Women think with their whole bodies and they see things as a whole more than men do."
More In Strength
- "Both now and for always, I intend to hold fast to my belief in the hidden strength of the human spirit."― Andrei Sakharov
- "Looking ahead, I believe that the underlying importance of higher education, of science, of technology, of research and scholarship to our quality of life, to the strength of our economy, to our security in many dimensions will continue to be the most important message."― Charles Vest
- "I’ve never found therapy to be a sign of weakness; I’ve found the opposite to be true. The willingness to have a mirror held up to you definitely requires strength."― Brooke Shields