More From Dorothy Day
- "It is easier to have faith that God will support each House of Hospitality and Farming Commune and supply our needs in the way of food and money to pay bills, than it is to keep a strong, hearty, living faith in each individual around us – to see Christ in him."
- "Our faith is stronger than death, our philosophy is firmer than flesh, and the spread of the Kingdom of God upon the earth is more sublime and more compelling."
- "Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul."
More In Strength
- "When restraint and courtesy are added to strength, the latter becomes irresistible."― Mahatma Gandhi
- "When I investigate and when I discover that the forces of the heavens and the planets are within ourselves, then truly I seem to be living among the gods."― Leon Battista Alberti
- "If we resist our passions, it is more due to their weakness than our strength."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld