More From Dorothy Day
- "Men are beginning to realize that they are not individuals but persons in society, that man alone is weak and adrift, that he must seek strength in common action."
- "I believe that we must reach our brother, never toning down our fundamental oppositions, but meeting him when he asks to be met, with a reason for the faith that is in us, as well as with a loving sympathy for them as brothers."
- "Women think with their whole bodies and they see things as a whole more than men do."
More In Best
- "Virtue is like a rich stone, best plain set."― Francis Bacon
- "The work ahead will be hard. These times demand the best of us – all of us, but we can do this. Together, we can do this. We can get this country working again. We can get this economy growing again. We can make the safety net safe again. We can do this."― Paul Ryan
- "Don’t let the fear of the time it will take to accomplish something stand in the way of your doing it. The time will pass anyway; we might just as well put that passing time to the best possible use."― Earl Nightingale