More From Dorothy Day
- "Men are beginning to realize that they are not individuals but persons in society, that man alone is weak and adrift, that he must seek strength in common action."
- "Food for the body is not enough. There must be food for the soul."
- "I believe that we must reach our brother, never toning down our fundamental oppositions, but meeting him when he asks to be met, with a reason for the faith that is in us, as well as with a loving sympathy for them as brothers."
More In Best
- "Civilization as it is known today could not have evolved, nor can it survive, without an adequate food supply."― Norman Borlaug
- "Not cohabitation but consensus constitutes marriage."― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- "If you can’t get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you’d best teach it to dance."― George Bernard Shaw