More From Dorothy Day
- "It is easier to have faith that God will support each House of Hospitality and Farming Commune and supply our needs in the way of food and money to pay bills, than it is to keep a strong, hearty, living faith in each individual around us – to see Christ in him."
- "Men are beginning to realize that they are not individuals but persons in society, that man alone is weak and adrift, that he must seek strength in common action."
- "Women think with their whole bodies and they see things as a whole more than men do."
More In Best
- "I have a terrific marriage, but unlike a lot of relationships where they ebb and flow, no matter what happens you fall deeper and deeper in love every day. It’s kind of the best thing that can happen to you. It’s thrilling."― Hugh Jackman
- "I was very much fascinated with the technology we had that we could edit in the computer our compositions, but all the sounds that were available on the market were crap."― Miroslav Vitous
- "Whether it’s the best of times or the worst of times, it’s the only time we’ve got."― Art Buchwald