More From Dorothy Day
- "Our faith is stronger than death, our philosophy is firmer than flesh, and the spread of the Kingdom of God upon the earth is more sublime and more compelling."
- "Men are beginning to realize that they are not individuals but persons in society, that man alone is weak and adrift, that he must seek strength in common action."
- "I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions."
More In Food
- "A human being has been given an intellect to make choices, and we know there are other food sources that do not require the killing of a creature that would protest being killed."― Mary Tyler Moore
- "If you go back to the Greeks and Romans, they talk about all three – wine, food, and art – as a way of enhancing life."― Robert Mondavi
- "Man should not try to avoid stress any more than he would shun food, love or exercise."― Hans Selye