More From Dorothy Day
- "Women think with their whole bodies and they see things as a whole more than men do."
- "Men are beginning to realize that they are not individuals but persons in society, that man alone is weak and adrift, that he must seek strength in common action."
- "I have long since come to believe that people never mean half of what they say, and that it is best to disregard their talk and judge only their actions."
More In Food
- "I would love to have seen a male-female relationship that had nothing to do with falling in love, I’d love to prove, even on TV – even if it’s not true! – that men and women can be friends without any kind of involvement."― Nana Visitor
- "When I pair food and wine, I start with the food. If I have a beautiful roasted bird, I might choose a Cabernet or Pinot Noir, or maybe a Syrah, depending on the sauce and what is in my cellar."― Jacques Pepin
- "We pray that every field of science may contribute in bringing happiness – not disaster – to human beings."― Kenichi Fukui