More From Doris Lessing
- "What the feminists want of me is something they haven’t examined because it comes from religion. They want me to bear witness."
- "Space or science fiction has become a dialect for our time."
- "What society doesn’t realize is that in the past, ordinary people respected learning. They respected books, and they don’t now, or not very much. That whole respect for serious literature and learning has disappeared."
More In Best
- "Success in its highest and noblest form calls for peace of mind and enjoyment and happiness which come only to the man who has found the work that he likes best."― Napoleon Hill
- "If a man does his best, what else is there?"― George S. Patton
- "Next to acquiring good friends, the best acquisition is that of good books."― Charles Caleb Colton