More From Doris Lessing
- "I do not think that marriage is one of my talents. I’ve been much happier unmarried than married."
- "I wanted to highlight that whole dreadful process in book publishing that ‘nothing succeeds like success.’"
- "You cannot escape the fact that women mould your first five years, whether you like it or not. And I can’t say I do like it very much."
More In Best
- "To say that a work of art is good, but incomprehensible to the majority of men, is the same as saying of some kind of food that it is very good but that most people can’t eat it."― Leo Tolstoy
- "Cynical realism is the intelligent man’s best excuse for doing nothing in an intolerable situation."― Aldous Huxley
- "I’m definitely a lash girl. I feel they are my best feature. I have tried lots of mascaras. I was drawn to Lancome Doll Lashes recently. Not only because of the name, but it smells like roses! I usually add a few coats of it for a night out."― Chloe Sevigny