More From Doris Lessing
- "What really fascinates me is this need that is so strong now that if you read a work of the imagination you instantly have to say, ‘Oh, what this really is is so-and-so,’ reducing it to a simple formula."
- "My father was in the First World War."
- "Our society is dependent on some precarious mechanisms, and they are very dicey. They can easily collapse."
More In Best
- "Here’s what I tell anybody and this is what I believe. The greatest gift we have is the gift of life. We understand that. That comes from our Creator. We’re given a body. Now you may not like it, but you can maximize that body the best it can be maximized."― Mike Ditka
- "Prescription: A physician’s guess at what will best prolong the situation with least harm to the patient."― Ambrose Bierce
- "The satisfaction you get when you finally beat your dad is amazing, that rush of adrenaline."― Lee Westwood