More From Doris Lessing
- "I wanted to write about my mother as she should have been if she had not been messed up by World War I."
- "I don’t think that the feminist movement has done much for the characters of women."
- "What society doesn’t realize is that in the past, ordinary people respected learning. They respected books, and they don’t now, or not very much. That whole respect for serious literature and learning has disappeared."
More In History
- "I engage with a lot of journalists, some of them have history and some of them don’t, that’s not my concern. My concern is to make sure I represent the views I want to represent on those shows."― John Key
- "Poetry is nearer to vital truth than history."― Plato
- "France is delighted at this new opportunity to show the world that when one has the will one can succeed in joining peoples who have been brought close by history."― Francois Mitterrand