More From Doris Lessing
- "When you’re young you think that you’re going to sail into a lovely lake of quietude and peace. This is profoundly untrue."
- "What the feminists want of me is something they haven’t examined because it comes from religion. They want me to bear witness."
- "I do not think that marriage is one of my talents. I’ve been much happier unmarried than married."
More In History
- "With the perspective afforded by the passage of time, where does 9/11 rank as a turning point in our national history? For the victims and their families, innocents going about their lives, suddenly and brutally murdered, no other day can ever matter as much."― Jon Meacham
- "If we could read the secret history of our enemies we should find in each man’s life sorrow and suffering enough to disarm all hostility."― Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- "I still love the whole history of jazz. The old things sound better than ever."― Steve Lacy