More From Doris Lessing
- "What really fascinates me is this need that is so strong now that if you read a work of the imagination you instantly have to say, ‘Oh, what this really is is so-and-so,’ reducing it to a simple formula."
- "I do not think that marriage is one of my talents. I’ve been much happier unmarried than married."
- "My father was in the First World War."
More In Travel
- "Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends."― Maya Angelou
- "I travel 330 days a year and eat every two and a half hours – I’m a big guy. I always carry a fork, little bottles of spices, and Sriracha. I eat what I feel like eating."― Robert Irvine
- "I used my aviation contacts to open a travel agency. I used to book Caribbean flights."― Joseph Force Crater