More From Doris Lessing
- "When you’re young you think that you’re going to sail into a lovely lake of quietude and peace. This is profoundly untrue."
- "What the feminists want of me is something they haven’t examined because it comes from religion. They want me to bear witness."
- "I don’t think that the feminist movement has done much for the characters of women."
More In Women
- "You can find women who have never had an affair, but it is hard to find a woman who has had just one."― Francois de La Rochefoucauld
- "Women get more unhappy the more they try to liberate themselves."― Brigitte Bardot
- "The fact that the church is convinced of not having the right to confer priestly ordination on women is now considered by some as irreconcilable with the European Constitution."― Joseph Ratzinger