More From Donna Shalala
- "I would argue that we have a generation of young people, particularly minorities, who are no longer putting up with the kinds of things their parents put up with. They’re much more self-confident. It’s no longer acceptable to make fun of people because of race or sex. But it has always been present in American society."
- "I am interested in getting people to use the healthcare system at the right time, getting them to see the doctor early enough, before a small health problem turns serious."
- "Sex education has to do with what’s in people’s head."
More In Teacher
- "One of the peculiar sins of the twentieth century which we’ve developed to a very high level is the sin of credulity. It has been said that when human beings stop believing in God they believe in nothing. The truth is much worse: they believe in anything."― Malcolm Muggeridge
- "I think teaching should be an exalted profession, not a picked-on profession."― Charles Schumer
- "My first career was as a coach and a teacher."― David Friedman