More From Donald Rumsfeld
- "Amidst all the clutter, beyond all the obstacles, aside from all the static, are the goals set. Put your head down, do the best job possible, let the flak pass, and work towards those goals."
- "Don’t necessarily avoid sharp edges. Occasionally they are necessary to leadership."
- "Be yourself. Follow your instincts. Success depends, at least in part, on the ability to “carry it off.”"
More In Politics
- "It’s very simple. If the American people care about a lot of things including corruption in government, then, in fact, if you use the power to appoint in order to do political business, to clear fields, to save your party money and so on, if it’s not a crime – and I believe it is – it certainly is business as usual, politics of corruption."― Darrell Issa
- "I doubt that the imagination can be suppressed. If you truly eradicated it in a child, he would grow up to be an eggplant."― Ursula K. Le Guin
- "Television is democracy at its ugliest."― Paddy Chayefsky