More From Donald Rumsfeld
- "You will launch many projects, but have time to finish only a few. So think, plan, develop, launch and tap good people to be responsible. Give them authority and hold them accountable. Trying to do too much yourself creates a bottleneck."
- "The Federal Government should be the last resort, not the first. Ask if a potential program is truly a federal responsibility or whether it can better be handled privately, by voluntary organizations, or by local or state governments."
- "Your performance depends on your people. Select the best, train them and back them. When errors occur, give sharper guidance. If errors persist or if the fit feels wrong, help them move on. The country cannot afford amateur hour in the White House."
More In Government
- "I have such a rich fantasy life, I can’t help it. I do make up a lot of romantic stories in my head."― Mindy Kaling
- "Be strong, believe in freedom and in God, love yourself, understand your sexuality, have a sense of humor, masturbate, don’t judge people by their religion, color or sexual habits, love life and your family."― Madonna Ciccone
- "If the people cannot trust their government to do the job for which it exists – to protect them and to promote their common welfare – all else is lost."― Barack Obama