More From Donald Rumsfeld
- "Politics is human beings; it’s addition rather than subtraction."
- "In our system leadership is by consent, not command. To lead a President must persuade. Personal contacts and experiences help shape his thinking. They can be critical to his persuasiveness and thus to his leadership."
- "Presidential leadership needn’t always cost money. Look for low- and no-cost options. They can be surprisingly effective."
More In Government
- "Christian conservatives care about their families eating. They’re concerned about energy independence. They’re concerned about functional government."― Mike Huckabee
- "The most powerful recent innovation in government is when states aggressively use community colleges for retraining. In Michigan, where large numbers of workers were displaced from the manufacturing industry, we created a wildly successful program: No Worker Left Behind."― Jennifer Granholm
- "Everyone I know who used to be in the intelligence community is moving into the corporate world."― Tony Gilroy