More From Donald Rumsfeld
- "The Federal Government should be the last resort, not the first. Ask if a potential program is truly a federal responsibility or whether it can better be handled privately, by voluntary organizations, or by local or state governments."
- "Amidst all the clutter, beyond all the obstacles, aside from all the static, are the goals set. Put your head down, do the best job possible, let the flak pass, and work towards those goals."
- "Many people around the President have sizeable egos before entering government, some with good reason. Their new positions will do little to moderate their egos."
More In Business
- "People trust I know what I’m doing. I have lots of credibility. I’ve had years of learning. I know and understand my business."― Lori Greiner
- "An advertising agency is 85 percent confusion and 15 percent commission."― Fred Allen
- "I was taught by professors who had done their schooling in the 1930s. Most of them were scornful of, even hated, big business."― Stephen Ambrose