More From Donald Rumsfeld
- "In our system leadership is by consent, not command. To lead a President must persuade. Personal contacts and experiences help shape his thinking. They can be critical to his persuasiveness and thus to his leadership."
- "Don’t necessarily avoid sharp edges. Occasionally they are necessary to leadership."
- "Death has a tendency to encourage a depressing view of war."
More In Business
- "There is no business in America that would be prevented from taking results into account when making personnel decisions."― Michael Bloomberg
- "What other people think of me is none of my business."― Gary Oldman
- "You know, I lose patience really easily; I’d rather shop in the grocery store than in the department store. I can pick an apple like nobody’s business."― Gail Simmons