More From Donald Rumsfeld
- "First rule of politics: you can’t win unless you’re on the ballot. Second rule: If you run, you may lose. And, if you tie, you do not win."
- "Don’t necessarily avoid sharp edges. Occasionally they are necessary to leadership."
- "You will launch many projects, but have time to finish only a few. So think, plan, develop, launch and tap good people to be responsible. Give them authority and hold them accountable. Trying to do too much yourself creates a bottleneck."
More In Politics
- "Politics is perhaps the only profession for which no preparation is thought necessary."― Robert Louis Stevenson
- "Because politics rests on an irreducible measure of coercion, it can never become a perfect realm of perfect love and justice."― Christopher Lasch
- "Those who insist on having hostilities with us, kill and destroy the option of friendship with us in the future, which is unfortunate because it is clear the future belongs to Iran and that enmities will be fruitless."― Mahmoud Ahmadinejad