More From Donald Norman
- "And to get real work experience, you need a job, and most jobs will require you to have had either real work experience or a graduate degree."
- "I think there is a tendency in science to measure what is measurable and to decide that what you cannot measure must be uninteresting."
- "So what does a good teacher do? Create tension – but just the right amount."
More In Teacher
- "Both my grandmothers had upright pianos, and I just knew how to play since I was a child. Nobody taught me. I sounded like a grown-up, and then I learned how to read music. I played so well by ear I could fool the teacher to believe I could play the notes. She’d make the mistake of playing the song once, and I could play it."― Valerie Simpson
- "When my opera Plump Jack was performed in 1989, my first piano teacher sent me something that I’d composed when I was four. I remember I played it, and it still sounded like me. I’m the same composer I was then."― Gordon Getty
- "The main thing I am interested in is my experience as a teacher."― Frank McCourt