More From Donald Knuth
- "I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one’s contributions to computer science."
- "People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise the programs they write will be pretty weird."
- "People think that computer science is the art of geniuses but the actual reality is the opposite, just many people doing things that build on eachother, like a wall of mini stones."
More In Science
- "Science coverage could be improved by the recognition that science is timeless, and therefore science stories should not need to be pegged to an item in the news."― Richard Dawkins
- "I did one sci-fi movie. I did ‘Gattaca.’ I liked ‘Gattaca’ because that was always the kind of science fiction I really dug, the non-action oriented sci-fi."― Ethan Hawke
- "Whenever anyone says, ‘theoretically,’ they really mean, ‘not really.’"― Dave Parnas