More From Donald Knuth
- "I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one’s contributions to computer science."
- "Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do."
- "Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it."
More In Computers
- "The very women who object to the morals of a notoriously beautiful actress, grow big with pride when an admirer suggests their marked resemblance to this stage beauty in physique."― Minna Antrim
- "The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do."― Ted Nelson
- "I’ve never had Internet access. Actually, I have looked at things on other people’s computers as a bystander. A few times in my life I’ve opened email accounts, twice actually, but it’s something I don’t want in my life right now."― Jhumpa Lahiri