More From Donald Knuth
- "Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it."
- "Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do."
- "I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one’s contributions to computer science."
More In Computers
- "I like computers. I like the Internet. It’s a tool that can be used. But don’t be misled into thinking that these technologies are anything other than aspects of a degenerate economic system."― Jerry Brown
- "If your computer speaks English, it was probably made in Japan."― Alan Perlis
- "I do two things. I design mobile computers and I study brains."― Jeff Hawkins