More From Donald Knuth
- "Science is what we understand well enough to explain to a computer. Art is everything else we do."
- "I currently use Ubuntu Linux, on a standalone laptop – it has no Internet connection. I occasionally carry flash memory drives between this machine and the Macs that I use for network surfing and graphics; but I trust my family jewels only to Linux."
- "Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it."
More In Attitude
- "A discipline I have observed is an attitude of love and reverence to people."― Bessie Head
- "The big news already broke. The file-sharing and all that stuff, it’s a done deal. And I think figuring out how to make that a fair exchange for the people that make music is still an issue."― Liz Phair
- "Having a clear faith, based on the creed of the church is often labeled today as fundamentalism. Whereas relativism, which is letting oneself be tossed and swept along by every wind of teaching, look like the only attitude acceptable to today’s standards."― Pope Benedict XVI