More From Donald Knuth
- "People think that computer science is the art of geniuses but the actual reality is the opposite, just many people doing things that build on eachother, like a wall of mini stones."
- "People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise the programs they write will be pretty weird."
- "Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it."
More In Attitude
- "Mainly what I learned from Buddy… was an attitude. He loved music, and he taught me that it shouldn’t have any barriers to it."― Waylon Jennings
- "The jokes are great but what really matters for a comedian is his performance, his whole attitude, and the laughs that he gets between the jokes rather than on top of the jokes."― Jack Dee
- "I’ve been advised not to have any more children for medical reasons, so that’s it – the shop has closed, even though I would have loved a daughter."― Toni Braxton