More From Donald Knuth
- "Everyday life is like programming, I guess. If you love something you can put beauty into it."
- "People who are more than casually interested in computers should have at least some idea of what the underlying hardware is like. Otherwise the programs they write will be pretty weird."
- "Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do."
More In Trust
- "In our short walks we passed the kitchen where food was prepared for the nurses and doctors. There we got glimpses of melons and grapes and all kinds of fruits, beautiful white bread and nice meats, and the hungry feeling would be increased tenfold."― Nellie Bly
- "A good idea will keep you awake during the morning, but a great idea will keep you awake during the night."― Marilyn vos Savant
- "You do not want to get married at 22! Especially if you’re famous, because girls are going to be throwing themselves at you."― Usain Bolt