More From Donald Knuth
- "People think that computer science is the art of geniuses but the actual reality is the opposite, just many people doing things that build on eachother, like a wall of mini stones."
- "Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs. Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a computer to do."
- "I decry the current tendency to seek patents on algorithms. There are better ways to earn a living than to prevent other people from making use of one’s contributions to computer science."
More In Trust
- "Nobody should trust their virtue with necessity, the force of which is never known till it is felt, and it is therefore one of the first duties to avoid the temptation of it."― Mary Wortley Montagu
- "Sometimes you don’t know who you can and cannot trust. I still learn that over and over again."― Demi Lovato
- "And basically, the sense of the ‘Pledge to America’ is this: Republicans understand when we were in charge, we got fired in ’06. We spent too much money. We defied the trust that the people had put in us. And we know that there is a better way."― Eric Cantor