More From Donald Cargill
- "I wish your increase in holiness, number, love, religion, and righteousness; and wait you, and cease to contend with these men that are gone from us, for there is nothing that shall convince them but judgment."
- "And now, this is the sweetest and most glorious day that ever my eyes did see."
- "Now for my own case, I bless the Lord that, for all that hath been said of me, my conscience doth not condemn me. I do not say I am free of sin, but I am at peace with God through a slain Mediator; and I believe that there is no salvation but only in Christ."
More In Faith
- "You all know that I have been sustained throughout my life by three saving graces – my family, my friends, and a faith in the power of resilience and hope. These graces have carried me through difficult times and they have brought more joy to the good times than I ever could have imagined."― Elizabeth Edwards
- "In a democracy, dissent is an act of faith."― J. William Fulbright
- "To insure the adoration of a theorem for any length of time, faith is not enough, a police force is needed as well."― Albert Camus