More From Don Marquis
- "A pessimist is a person who has had to listen to too many optimists."
- "Writing a book of poetry is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo."
- "Of middle age the best that can be said is that a middle-aged person has likely learned how to have a little fun in spite of his troubles."
More In Poetry
- "To see clearly is poetry, prophecy and religion all in one."― John Ruskin
- "In poetry everything which must be said is almost impossible to say well."― Paul Valery
- "I’m a believer in belief. Faith is something that works – it causes people to do things, it has results. It’s an intangible, indefinable, very real thing. And it moves people, sometimes to atrocity. And sometimes to survival."― Tommy Lee Jones