More From Don Marquis
- "Publishing a volume of verse is like dropping a rose petal down the Grand Canyon and waiting for the echo."
- "A pessimist is a person who has had to listen to too many optimists."
- "Of middle age the best that can be said is that a middle-aged person has likely learned how to have a little fun in spite of his troubles."
More In Funny
- "It’s funny how making odd noises can get you into strange situations sometimes."― Eric San
- "If you’re going to tell people the truth, be funny or they’ll kill you."― Billy Wilder
- "I’d try to channel my nervous energy in a positive way into strength and endurance. It didn’t always work."― Kristi Yamaguchi