More From Don DeLillo
- "I think more than writers, the major influences on me have been European movies, jazz, and Abstract Expressionism."
- "The writer is the person who stands outside society, independent of affiliation and independent of influence."
- "In a repressive society, a writer can be deeply influential, but in a society that’s filled with glut and repetition and endless consumption, the act of terror may be the only meaningful act."
More In Death
- "Because I could not stop for death, He kindly stopped for me; The carriage held but just ourselves and immortality."― Emily Dickinson
- "Biography lends to death a new terror."― Oscar Wilde
- "I guess because the shows were activist in their own way – the marriage of my public activism and my career activism, you know – people understand me very well. They also understand there’s a very strong bipartisan part in all of this."― Norman Lear