More From Don DeLillo
- "There’s always a period of curious fear between the first sweet-smelling breeze and the time when the rain comes cracking down."
- "The writer is the person who stands outside society, independent of affiliation and independent of influence."
- "I slept for four years. I didn’t study much of anything. I majored in something called communication arts."
More In Death
- "There is no easy walk to freedom anywhere, and many of us will have to pass through the valley of the shadow of death again and again before we reach the mountaintop of our desires."― Nelson Mandela
- "Deep down, no one really believes they have a right to live. But this death sentence generally stays tucked away, hidden beneath the difficulty of living. If that difficulty is removed from time to time, death is suddenly there, unintelligibly."― Jean Baudrillard
- "One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation."― Oscar Wilde