More From Don DeLillo
- "In a repressive society, a writer can be deeply influential, but in a society that’s filled with glut and repetition and endless consumption, the act of terror may be the only meaningful act."
- "I think more than writers, the major influences on me have been European movies, jazz, and Abstract Expressionism."
- "People who are in power make their arrangements in secret, largely as a way of maintaining and furthering that power."
More In Death
- "Because of its tremendous solemnity death is the light in which great passions, both good and bad, become transparent, no longer limited by outward appearences."― Soren Kierkegaard
- "I shall never be a heretic; I may err in dispute, but I do not wish to decide anything finally; on the other hand, I am not bound by the opinions of men."― Martin Luther
- "There’s always going to be dreams and goals I have, but I never really tell people what they are."― Tyra Banks