More From Dolly Parton
- "I’ve never had a divorce, but I’ve seen so many of my friends, my sister, my family go through that stuff, so I try to write for the people that can’t write about it. I take on their sorrow, so I’m able to kind of express it, or their joy."
- "I do remember how it was to be poor. I do remember that in my early years, we had to grow and raise all of our food, even our animals. And I remember in my early life, we didn’t even have electricity. So it was very, very hard times then."
- "I still close my eyes and go home – I can always draw from that."
More In Food
- "All I ever wanted to do was to make food accessible to everyone; to show that you can make mistakes – I do all the time – but it doesn’t matter."― Jamie Oliver
- "I learned very early that our health is always impaired by some excess either of food or abstinence, and I never had any physician except myself."― Giacomo Casanova
- "You know the great irony is that people think you have to have money to enjoy fine food, which is a shame."― Ted Allen