More From Dolly Parton
- "It’s a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I’d be a drag queen."
- "I’ve never had a divorce, but I’ve seen so many of my friends, my sister, my family go through that stuff, so I try to write for the people that can’t write about it. I take on their sorrow, so I’m able to kind of express it, or their joy."
- "I’m not offended by all the dumb blonde jokes because I know I’m not dumb… and I also know that I’m not blonde."
More In Art
- "As I grew older, I realized that it was much better to insist on the genuine forms of nature, for simplicity is the greatest adornment of art."― Albrecht Durer
- "All philosophies, if you ride them home, are nonsense, but some are greater nonsense than others."― Samuel Butler
- "It is in this power of saying everything, and yet saying nothing too plainly, that the perfection of art consists."― John Ruskin