More From Dolly Parton
- "I do remember how it was to be poor. I do remember that in my early years, we had to grow and raise all of our food, even our animals. And I remember in my early life, we didn’t even have electricity. So it was very, very hard times then."
- "If you talk bad about country music, it’s like saying bad things about my momma. Them’s fightin’ words."
- "I’m gonna be making records anyway, even if I had to sell ’em out of the trunk of my car. I’m that kind of musician and singer."
More In Art
- "Every once in a while I go off to do a movie or a television series and I take my art with me. I can stay in character when I paint."― Jane Seymour
- "Recessions are hard on people, but they are not hard on art."― Jerry Saltz
- "It is a mistake for a sculptor or a painter to speak or write very often about his job. It releases tension needed for his work."― Henry Moore