More From Doc Hastings
- "137 years later, Memorial Day remains one of America’s most cherished patriotic observances. The spirit of this day has not changed – it remains a day to honor those who died defending our freedom and democracy."
- "We owe our World War II veterans – and all our veterans – a debt we can never fully repay."
- "I hope that the Senate acts quickly to pass this legislation so that Americans will no longer worry about having to sell the family farm or business to pay taxes after the death of a loved one."
More In Freedom
- "Latinos have fought in all of America’s wars, beginning with the Revolutionary War. Many Latinos are fighting and dying for our country today in Iraq, just as several of their ancestors fought for freedom in Mexico over a century ago."― Joe Baca
- "Freedom lies in being bold."― Robert Frost
- "In 1960, when I came out of prison as an ex-convict, I had more freedom under parolee supervision than there’s available… in America right now."― Merle Haggard