More From Dionne Warwick
- "Healthy children are born from healthy, respected, well-nourished and educated mothers and it is imperative that they have a voice in the decisions which affect them. If you empower a mother and let her have her say towards a poverty-free future, the positive impact this would have on ending hunger will be immense."
- "Brazil is where I belong, the place that feels like home. They love their family, their country and God, and are not afraid to let anybody know it."
- "I was born into a family of gospel singers. My early ambitions were many. I was going to be a ballerina. I almost had that one come true until I tore a tendon, so I transferred from my toes to my throat and that’s where the talent settled."
More In Happiness
- "I start to think there really is no cure for depression, that happiness is an ongoing battle, and I wonder if it isn’t one I’ll have to fight for as long as I live. I wonder if it’s worth it."― Elizabeth Wurtzel
- "The cause of justice is the cause of humanity. Its advocates should overflow with universal good will. We should love this cause, for it conduces to the general happiness of mankind."― William Godwin
- "The health of the people is really the foundation upon which all their happiness and all their powers as a state depend."― Benjamin Disraeli