More From Diogenes
- "When I look upon seamen, men of science and philosophers, man is the wisest of all beings; when I look upon priests and prophets nothing is as contemptible as man."
- "Dogs and philosophers do the greatest good and get the fewest rewards."
- "As a matter of self-preservation, a man needs good friends or ardent enemies, for the former instruct him and the latter take him to task."
More In Education
- "One of the greatest obstacles to escaping poverty is the staggering cost of higher education."― Chris Van Hollen
- "During this period at the Department of Education, my working relationship with Judge Thomas was positive."― Anita Hill
- "I did try to get a few of those teen high-school movies, but they just didn’t like me. I guess I wasn’t a certain type."― Leelee Sobieski