More From Diogenes
- "Man is the most intelligent of the animals – and the most silly."
- "Those who have virtue always in their mouths, and neglect it in practice, are like a harp, which emits a sound pleasing to others, while itself is insensible of the music."
- "When I look upon seamen, men of science and philosophers, man is the wisest of all beings; when I look upon priests and prophets nothing is as contemptible as man."
More In Education
- "I had the most reversed education possible. Every parent wants their son to be a businessman, respectable – me, it was the opposite. When I had an artist career my mum was like, ‘Oh finally, I’m proud of you!’"― David Guetta
- "The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives."― Robert M. Hutchins
- "It is therefore not unreasonable to suppose that some portion of the neglect of science in England, may be attributed to the system of education we pursue."― Charles Babbage