More From Dick Gregory
- "Political promises are much like marriage vows. They are made at the beginning of the relationship between candidate and voter, but are quickly forgotten."
- "You hear entertainers all the time, saying, ‘If I couldn’t get paid for this, I’d do it for free.’ When’s the last time you ever heard a business person say, ‘If I couldn’t get paid for being chairman of British Petroleum, I’d do it for free’?"
- "I buy about $1,500 worth of papers every month. Not that I trust them. I’m looking for the crack in the fabric."
More In Death
- "Islam is a religion of success. Unlike Christianity, which has as its main image, in the west at least, a man dying in a devastating, disgraceful, helpless death."― Karen Armstrong
- "I’m completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death."― George Carlin
- "Divorce is probably as painful as death."― William Shatner