More From Dick Durbin
- "If we do nothing, as the Republicans suggest, we’re going to see health care costs reach a point where small businesses can’t afford it and families can’t afford it. We’re going to see people turned down from pre-existing conditions. We’re going to find the Medicare doughnut hole – a gap in coverage that’s going to hurt a lot of seniors."
- "There is no room for legal hair-splitting when it comes to the humane treatment of detainees – not in a nation founded on the rule of law and respect for human rights."
- "Our party is a diverse one, as is my home state of Illinois."
More In Health
- "Women’s health needs to be front and center – it often isn’t, but it needs to be."― Cynthia Nixon
- "Medical professionals, not insurance company bureaucrats, should be making health care decisions."― Barbara Boxer
- "Illegal immigrants are beginning to comprise a black market class of workers in our society, jeopardizing the financial health of companies which play by the rules, while themselves vulnerable to the exploitation by those willing to take advantage of their illegal status."― Spencer Bachus