More From Diane Wakoski
- "Because, in fact, women, feminists, do read my poetry, and they read it often with the power of their political interpretation. I don’t care; that’s what poetry is supposed to do."
- "American poetry, like American painting, is always personal with an emphasis on the individuality of the poet."
- "But I don’t think that poetry is a good, to use a contemporary word, venue, for current events."
More In Poetry
- "Life is not an exact science, it is an art."― Samuel Butler
- "The biggest problem is people are afraid of poetry, think they can’t understand it or that it will be boring."― Caroline Kennedy
- "The same people who are murdered slowly in the mechanized slaughterhouses of work are also arguing, singing, drinking, dancing, making love, holding the streets, picking up weapons and inventing a new poetry."― Raoul Vaneigem