More From Diane Wakoski
- "High and low culture come together in all Post Modern art, and American poetry is not excluded from this."
- "Because, in fact, women, feminists, do read my poetry, and they read it often with the power of their political interpretation. I don’t care; that’s what poetry is supposed to do."
- "I think that’s what poetry does. It allows people to come together and identify with a common thing that is outside of themselves, but which they identify with from the interior."
More In Poetry
- "For there is a sound reasoning upon all flowers. For flowers are peculiarly the poetry of Christ."― Christopher Smart
- "Traits like humility, courage, and empathy are easily overlooked – but it’s immensely important to find them in your closest relationships."― Laura Linney
- "Most people read poetry listening for echoes because the echoes are familiar to them. They wade through it the way a boy wades through water, feeling with his toes for the bottom: The echoes are the bottom."― Wallace Stevens