More From Diane Wakoski
- "High and low culture come together in all Post Modern art, and American poetry is not excluded from this."
- "American poetry, like American painting, is always personal with an emphasis on the individuality of the poet."
- "I think that’s what poetry does. It allows people to come together and identify with a common thing that is outside of themselves, but which they identify with from the interior."
More In Poetry
- "I began the way nearly everybody I ever heard of – I began writing poetry. And I find that to be quite usual with writers, their trying their hand at poetry."― Shelby Foote
- "Poetry is the synthesis of hyacinths and biscuits."― Carl Sandburg
- "I definitely wish to distinguish American poetry from British or other English language poetry."― Diane Wakoski