More From Desmond Tutu
- "Peace comes when you talk to the guy you most hate. And that’s where the courage of a leader comes, because when you sit down with your enemy, you as a leader must already have very considerable confidence from your own constituency."
- "All the United States, it is a society that is split like to the bottom, that had very poor people in the country that is one of the wealthiest countries."
- "When the missionaries came to Africa they had the Bible and we had the land. They said “Let us pray.” We closed our eyes. When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land."
More In History
- "I have noticed that nothing I never said ever did me any harm."― Calvin Coolidge
- "You that would judge me, do not judge alone this book or that, come to this hallowed place where my friends’ portraits hang and look thereon; Ireland’s history in their lineaments trace; think where man’s glory most begins and ends and say my glory was I had such friends."― William Butler Yeats
- "I’ve been in enough movies to know that when you’re on the set and you start shooting, you’re looking at playback and you get a sense of what it’s going to be like."― Mark Wahlberg