More From Desiderius Erasmus
- "The most disadvantageous peace is better than the most just war."
- "The nearer people approach old age the closer they return to a semblance of childhood, until the time comes for them to depart this life, again like children, neither tired of living nor aware of death."
- "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes."
More In Life
- "Not by appointment do we meet delight Or joy; they heed not our expectancy; But round some corner of the streets of life they of a sudden greet us with a smile."― Gerald Massey
- "A person will sometimes devote all his life to the development of one part of his body – the wishbone."― Robert Frost
- "The goal is to live a full, productive life even with all that ambiguity. No matter what happens, whether the cancer never flares up again or whether you die, the important thing is that the days that you have had you will have lived."― Gilda Radner