More From Desiderius Erasmus
- "Nowadays the rage for possession has got to such a pitch that there is nothing in the realm of nature, whether sacred or profane, out of which profit cannot be squeezed."
- "Nature, more of a stepmother than a mother in several ways, has sown a seed of evil in the hearts of mortals, especially in the more thoughtful men, which makes them dissatisfied with their own lot and envious of another s."
- "Time takes away the grief of men."
More In Age
- "I grew up on a farm in a small town where you do or say one thing and everybody knows about it. You see it happen, there’s always the town gossip – ‘Oh did you hear about so and so, or did you hear what went on in this household?’ So I learned at a very young age just to keep my mouth shut."― Garrett Hedlund
- "Age is just a number. It’s totally irrelevant unless, of course, you happen to be a bottle of wine."― Joan Collins
- "I saw how many people were poor and how many kids my age went to school hungry in the morning, which I don’t think most of my contemporaries in racially segregated schools in the South thought very much about at the time."― Charles Kuralt