More From Desiderius Erasmus
- "War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it."
- "Whether a party can have much success without a woman present I must ask others to decide, but one thing is certain, no party is any fun unless seasoned with folly."
- "The nearer people approach old age the closer they return to a semblance of childhood, until the time comes for them to depart this life, again like children, neither tired of living nor aware of death."
More In Age
- "There’s also some element of coming of age during the Reagan administration, which everybody has painted as some glorious time in America, but I remember as being a very, very dark time. There was apocalypse in the air; the punk rock movement made sense."― John Cusack
- "Hesitation increases in relation to risk in equal proportion to age."― Ernest Hemingway
- "In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty."― Thomas Jefferson