More From Desiderius Erasmus
- "It is the chiefest point of happiness that a man is willing to be what he is."
- "The nearer people approach old age the closer they return to a semblance of childhood, until the time comes for them to depart this life, again like children, neither tired of living nor aware of death."
- "War is delightful to those who have had no experience of it."
More In Age
- "The age of chivalry is past. Bores have succeeded to dragons."― Charles Dickens
- "No lying knight or lying priest ever prospered in any age, but especially not in the dark ones. Men prospered then only in following an openly declared purpose, and preaching candidly beloved and trusted creeds."― John Ruskin
- "This country has a complex about age. It’s unbelievable. If you’re over thirty, you’ve had it in this country."― Eli Wallach